The healthcare industry saw a rapid transformation in the past two years, owing to the Covid-19 pandemic, which demanded online methods of healthcare system management. This was applicable in both patient care and pharmacy management solutions. According to research published by PwC, 77 per cent of clinicians state that “nontraditional care venues” such as on-demand telehealth, concierge medicine, etc., are helping patients in numerous ways and are helping in achieving desired patient outcomes.
The same is applicable in healthcare marketing and e-commerce wherein nontraditional methods have taken an upper hand and new technological advancements have caused a rapid transitioning of the healthcare marketing space. These new marketing trends became popular and widely accepted because they provided the following benefits to the stakeholders:
- Affordable marketing solutions capturing a mega audience
- Optimisation of the entire product range for smartphones
- Use of search engine optimisation (SEO) to expedite early-funnel communication when customers are seeking a trusted source
- Market in local search experiences to reach the audience looking for care in the designated areas
While the new revolutionised marketing trends have huge potential, what are these? Let us have a look at them:
- Social Proofs: This may seem an awkward term, but social proofs are what provide authenticity to your healthcare brand. Unlike other sectors, healthcare is a very critical sphere where the customer is continuously worried about the quality and authenticity of the pharma, healthcare products, nutraceuticals and hospital-care facilities. Hence, while the e-commerce healthcare companies have begun their operations, they need to aggressively focus on social proofs, which work as a testimonial of the brand quality and authenticity thereby laying the grounds for trust amongst the audience. What are social proofs? These are:
- Ratings and reviews on various online channels
- Testimonials from patients and buyers (text, video, etc.)
- Question and answer segments
- Newspaper, magazine, and radio placements (including interviews)
- Community involvement
- Social media presence and engagement
- Social Media Live Streaming: Connecting with the audience through lives is one of the most widely accepted marketing trends especially in the healthcare sector as this promotes transparency. Expert advice through live events helps in developing a connection with the audience and the product reviews can be given through these live sessions. A live product review helps in setting a natural environment that eradicates the notion of forced promotion from the minds of the audience. Therefore, all healthcare e-commerce brands continuously do live sessions with experts/customers/celebrities to talk about their e-commerce platform and the brand products.
- Digital Advertising: Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, and other such platforms that cater to a base of millions of people help the brands in reaching a wider audience at an extremely affordable budget. The only key is to carefully devise advertisement strategies and set the correct audience type for your promotion to reach the maximum audience.
- Personalised Healthcare Marketing: As per a Salesforce report, 92 per cent of marketers believe their customers expect personalised experiences, which is what keeps them glued to the e-commerce site. Hence, healthcare e-commerce platforms need to refine their portals to better cater to the needs of the audience. This can be achieved by displaying condition or treatment-specific content and information. This helps in grabbing customer attention. Recommendations for tips and services to overcome a problem is another great way of becoming a problem solver for your customers.
- SEO optimisation: Let the patients/customers choose their preferences, but provide them the necessary data. For instance, a particular keyword-based page on your site is generating huge traffic. By understanding that the customers want to explore more about the keyword-related segment, provide additional data around the same SEO data that will help the customers. This will help the customers to get a personalised experience and build brand trust.
The above trends have picked up pace in the healthcare sector and in the coming years, there may be more transformations such as the adoption of AI tools in marketing, which will revamp the healthcare marketing space.
Views expressed above are the author’s own.
END OF ARTICLE